Latest News

The Glad Game (Story)

November 4, 2009 , Posted by byu at 9:51 AM


On days when Chellie came home from school complaining about something -- a bully on the playground, a harsh teacher, a skinned knee, or difficult homework -- Chellie's mom would hug her, kiss away her tears, then suggest,
"OK, enough complaining. Let's play 'The Glad Game.'"

The Glad Game helps you focus on what's right in your world today, instead of what's wrong. Chellie's mom was a very wise woman, teaching her that no matter what your troubles, there are still plenty of things to be grateful for: a sunny day, good food to eat, a loving family, a house to live in, a family pet to love, a handful of friends to enjoy, and much, much more.

Chellie would follow her mother's suggestion:
"I'm glad I have you as my mom."
"I'm glad the weekend is almost here."
"I'm glad I have some nice clothes to wear to school."
"I'm glad I don't have to share my room with my sister anymore."
"I'm glad I get to watch TV when I finish my homework."
"I'm glad we have pie for dessert."

Playing "The Glad Game" is a terrific way to change your attitude in a hurry. We all slip into self-pity once in a while - after all, we're only human. The important thing is to cut the pity-party short and shift into gratitude. An attitude of gratitude will get you much farther in life than complaining and self-pity. Try it and see.

--from the book The Wealthy Spirit, by Chellie Campbell

Currently have 0 Comments:

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment